Thursday, August 27, 2020

Why?

Until sometime in late 2019 acoustic guitar was my usual choice for playing music, mostly folk and bluegrass-inspired tunes for fun, sometimes collaborating with my sister or friends. Around that time I realized I really want to get back to making more personal and fulfilling music and composing new work, which I hadn't done much since the early 2000's. Because electric guitar offers me a wider range of tonal and technical possibilities, I started playing my electric guitars more frequently, and when dusting off my old guitars and gear after more than a few years of disuse, it became clear that much of it was not going to be useful or appropriate for making the new sounds I was (and still am) hearing in my head. So, I sold a bunch of things, reconstituted other things, and set about finding the electric guitar feel and tones that match my current musical and compositional urges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment